Given that many of us are self-quarantined and/or working from home these days, we may find that we have more free time than ever before. Indeed, the internet is filled with stories of “bored” folks stuck at home with nothing to do, searching for some way to entertain themselves.
Under the heading of Paul’s exhortation to make “the best use of the time, because the days are evil” (Eph 5:16), let me make a suggestion: take a seminary class.
I can’t tell you how many times people have approached me over the years and expressed a desire to dive deeper into God’s word, or to explore church history, or to understand Reformed theology, or to learn how to defend the faith. And the reason they have not done so is almost always the same: they don’t have the time.
Well, now you might have the time—indeed, more than you ever expected or wanted. And you can do it all right in the comfort of your own living room.
There are a lot of good options out there for online seminary education, but here are some things to know about our online program at Reformed Theological Seminary:
- RTS, across its eight residential campuses, is the largest Reformed seminary in the English speaking world with a commitment to academic excellence, biblical fidelity, confessional integrity, and devoted to the good of the church.
- RTS has one of the most developed online platforms for the delivery of course content. We started doing this back in the day when we were mailing cassette tapes to people! And now it is one of the most sophisticated systems around, run through our RTS Global Campus.
- RTS online classes give you access to some of the world’s finest scholars in their respective fields: Ligon Duncan, James Anderson, Scott Swain, Ben Gladd, Dick Belcher, Mike Allen, Bob Cara, and more.
- RTS online classes are fully interactive, allowing you to engage with both the professor and your fellow students in various online forums.
- RTS online degrees are fully accredited by the two major accrediting bodies: the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) as well as Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- RTS has one of the lowest tuition rates of national seminaries, as well as an aggressive financial aid program that allows us to keep costs as low as possible.
- If you later decide to pursue residential education at one of our eight campuses, the online credits will transfer toward that degree (as long as a certain amount of credits are taken at the local campus).
So, cure the boredom and take a seminary class! For more info, see more about the RTS Global Campus.