I am President and Samuel C. Patterson Professor of New Testament and Early Christianity at Reformed Theological Seminary, Charlotte, NC. In addition, I am an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church in America and serve as an Associate Pastor (part-time, of course) at my home church, Uptown PCA. I am married to Melissa Kruger, Director of Women’s Content at The Gospel Coalition and Women’s ministry coordinator at Uptown PCA. You can find her blog Wit’s End at The Gospel Coalition website.
Recent Academic Activities
• Editorial Review Board, Bulletin for Biblical Research (2019-)
• Editorial Review Board, Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society (2018-2021)
• President (2018-19); President-elect (2017-18); Vice-President (2016-17); Evangelical Theological Society
• Co-chair and co-founder of the New Testament Canon, Textual Criticism, and Apocryphal Literature study section for the Evangelical Theological Society, 2007-Present
• Development of the NT Canon; particularly fourfold gospel collection
• Gospels, General/Catholic Epistles
• Christian origins; development of early Christianity in the second century
• Apocryphal gospels and the transmission of Jesus tradition
• Second Temple Judaism; early Jewish-Christian communities
• Palaeography, codicology, ancient manuscripts
Michael J. Kruger
Reformed Theological Seminary
2101 Carmel Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28226